©AMD LASERS® Soft tissue diode lasers provide a multitude of solutions and the ideal
alternative to conventional surgical methods like the scalpel,
electrocautery, and electrosurge. Some of the advantages are relatively
bloodless surgical sites, the capability of working around metal
(implants, amalgam, gold, orthodontic brackets, etc.), less
post-surgical discomfort and pain, minimal swelling and scarring,
minimal or no suturing, more predictable tissue response, and greater
precision. Dental lasers reduce the complexity and trauma associated with many
common dental procedures and the drill (aka the ‘handpiece’) strikes fear
into the hearts of many with its noise, vibration, and heat.
Soft Tissue Procedures
- Gingival Troughing for Crown Impressions
- Gingivectomy & Gingivoplasty
- Gingival Incision & Excision
- Soft-Tissue Crown Lengthening
- Hemostasis & Coagulation
- Excisional & Incisional Biopsies
- Exposure of Unerupted Teeth
- Fibromal Removal
- Frenectomy & Frenotomy
- Implant Recovery
- Incision & Drainage of Abscess
- Pulpotomy as an Adjunct to Root Canal Therapy
- Oral Papillectomies
- Reduction of Gingival Hypertrophy
- Treatment of Canker Sores, Herpetic & Aphthous Ulcers of the Oral Mucosa
- Sulcular Debridement (Removal of Diseased, Infected, Inflamed,
& Necrosed Soft-Tissue in the Periodontal Pocket to Improve Clinical
Indices Including Gingival Index, Gingival Bleeding Index, Probe Depth,
Attachment Loss, & Tooth Mobility)
- Laser Soft-Tissue Curettage
- Laser Removal of Diseased, Infected, Inflamed & Necrosed Soft-Tissue Within the Periodontal Pocket
- Removal of Highly Inflamed Edematous Tissue Affected by Bacteria Penetration of the Pocket Lining & Junctional Epithelium
What benefits does ©AMD LASERS® offer?
Here are some reasons ©AMD LASERS® Soft tissue diode lasers is preferable to the traditional dental drill:
- May cause less pain in some instances, reducing the need for anesthesia.
- May reduce anxiety in patients uncomfortable with the use of the dental drill.
- Minimize bleeding and swelling during soft tissue treatments.
How are ©AMD LASERS® procedures performed?
Following link provides the video: Dental_Laser_Video.